60 gallon hex build journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fizgig

Horseyness + Fishyness = Happiness
Apr 19, 2003
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
Today I build my reinforcement frame, which fits very tightly inside of the table, but can be removed if needed. Got the tank moved onto the permanent stand tonight. Tomorrow I'll see if I can thaw out enough of the play sand I have in pile in the back yard to get my laterite/sand substrate put in and get the tank filled back up.

Reinforcing frame - first non-square thing I've built:

It fit so nice and tight that I had to do some sanding, and then tap it in with a hammer to get the doors to close properly.

Tank couldn't be any closer of a fit to the table:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice work on the reinforcing.

fizgig

Horseyness + Fishyness = Happiness
Apr 19, 2003
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
Well, I've had it set up for a couple weeks now with the sand/laterite, some dead leaves mixed in, and some rock decorations, and the canister filter running. Yesterday I added eight male guppies and a handful of Java moss. The gups are looking good today. Got a Hydor in-line heater, so I'll add that this weekend when I can stick around and monitor the temp for several hours. The water is tea-stained from the leaves, and will probably get worse once I add some driftwood. If parameters look good, I'll add a few mollies next week, and hopefully find some Java fern, too. Tank definitely needs some decor and plants; it's looking pretty plain right now, but slow and steady is the way to go here. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store