6line wrasse with ich....how to treat?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

apelaston

much more than a hobby to me.
Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
Thanks for telling me that Haks....I didn't know that. I will not be using any chemicals in my DT now that is for sure!

HaKs310

AC Members
Apr 30, 2008
Gardena, CA
Your gonna be doing hypo in a different tank correct? You wont be able to do hypo in the main tank for the same reasons I stated above.

apelaston

Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
okk..this situation is a. starting to suck and b. a real pain in my neck....i will go dig out an extra tank from the garage attic...get some water mixing up and get that fish out. I am going to only treat this one fish at this point in time being that short amount of time that he has been in the tank. I will if it happens remove the rest of the fish if they show any signs of ich...

I am going to treat the fish with medication since he is going to be by himself in a bare tank....

apelaston

Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
oooo i am going to be sure nothing gets added to this tank for quite a while to prevent further spread.

wish me luck..

hey what about these freshwater dips i am reading about? work or no?

HaKs310

AC Members
Apr 30, 2008
Gardena, CA
Freshwater dips aren't that great. You'll be better of medicating with copper and increasing the tank temperature to 80-83 degrees.

apelaston

Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
tank temp on the rise..

HaKs310

AC Members
Apr 30, 2008
Gardena, CA
This will speed up the Ich's life cycle, hopefully making it much, much shorter.

I keep my tanks at this temperature either way, and it is the range I recommend to everyone.

mwb1978

AC Members
Oct 23, 2006
Tucson, AZ
I always wondered about proper tank tempature. I went scuba diving in the Cayman Islands last summer and the water temp was 86 degrees. I didn't see a single dead fish floating around. So, obviously 86 isn't too hot for them to live in the wild.

Hope your fish feels better soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store