75 gal Setup Progession

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
the tank itself needs a few touch-ups, but we will worry about that AFTER we get it all decorated and cycling.

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
that is all i have for now. we are going out to get sand, rocks, slate, etc this saturday so i'll try to have pics up between the saturday after, or the saturday after that. sorry, but it'll take a while to get it all set up, and i currently don't have too much time on my hands since i have to study for finals. possibly if i get some time i will post pics sooner of progress made (if any) so stay posted. i think i'll get lava rocks. they seem better looking with my snow white socolofi to me. possibly slate. . . i'm still deciding. any advice will be great. thanks!

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
it duzn't. we did that be4 we actually paid for the tank.

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
also, duz anyone know where we can get a hood? it came with a light, but not a hood. we were thinking about just cutting out fiberglass, but figured a hood is easier and the work to cut out the glass isn't worth the money saved. we just need a hood though, not a canopy.

cheizy

AC Members
Apr 19, 2006
also, duz anyone know where we can get a hood? it came with a light, but not a hood. we were thinking about just cutting out fiberglass, but figured a hood is easier and the work to cut out the glass isn't worth the money saved. we just need a hood though, not a canopy.
The hood as in the clear hood on the top of the tank?
If so, you could just make it yourself easily. Go to Homedepot or w/e big chain store related and go to one of the workers there and tell them you want to get cut pieces of acrylic. Measure your tank and specifications and tell the worker, he will cut those sheets for you. I forgot how much it was, but it is certainly affordable. Now go CYCLE THAT TANK!! GOGOGO

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
alright. we are going to home depot saturday. i have $160-200 to spend (the less money the better) but the filter is ganna be around $90 by itself. so is the clear piece supposed to be in 2 pieces? and how much extra is it to get handles on the acrylic? or do i even need them?

OldMan47

I love my endlers
Jan 1, 2008
Central Illinois
You do want 2 pieces so you can get inside easily. Don't forget to leave a way at the back for heater wires, filter tubes etc. You can buy stick on handles meant for aquariums for almost nothing but not much profit in them so few pet shops have them. They are readily available on line. I have used pieces of wood carved to suit me and glued them on using aquarium silicone. It worked out great for me and gives my tank a custom look.

elementkid65

gill-less
Jul 3, 2007
where ever i am
get rock that complements gravel/sand
eg. black rocks on white sand
or white rocks on dark gravel

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
i'll have white sand, and was thinking of black slate or red lava. which will my fish like more? also, roughly how many inches do i want to like. . . leave open in the back? so when i measure it i will make sure to subtract that amount from the back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store