75 gallon reef tank Journal (Video Journal)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Hey bro. Amazing looking tank.

I have been watching your updates and noticed your black fish with stripes of bright blue and the white dot. I have the same fish and could not ID the fish. I finall found out that he is a Black Velvet Damsel. Once they start getting older they lose their blue and white stripes and become completely black. Here is a video of my tank which includes the same sized damsel. He has been very aggressive. How is yours?

[YT]LR3ybeUl60A[/YT]

Last edited:

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
Mine is not aggressive at all. In fact, the tangs keep him in line. Ty for IDing this fish.

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
Day 5, video 1

Okay, so the problems today about killed me. First of all, it is snowing out sooooo hard and the roads are horrendous. I went to the hardware store and got my pvc piping. I called my dad to double check my current piping to see if it was 3/4 or 1 inch. He says 1 inch so I bought all 1 inch. Turns out everything is 3/4. At this time I have the fish and corals in a bucket so I am freaking out. Then I go back to the hardware store to get a adapter. Then I start filling the tank with tank water. I was 2 buckets short of water, so I had to run to my lps to get some good water. Thats 3 times I went out in the blizzard. Then I realized that a lot of my older pumps have a hard time fitting in the new sump so I had to be creative. Anways, as you can tell, things are just thrown around in the tank. Once everything settles, and I get a positive spirit back, I will rearrange things to make it look a lot better. Tomorrow the water should be crystal clear again, so I will take longer video. Wish me luck and hope no fish die from this big move.
[YT]pTQsDaV4s0Q[/YT]

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
^^^ I hate it when that happens! And it always happens (to me anyways).. Spend an hour at the hardware store making sure I got everything I need, only to get home, start the build, and something ether doesn't fit, or I purchased the wrong piece.

Glad you got everything you needed though. Looking good.!..

how come you buy your water from the LFS? no ro unit yet ?

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
I don't buy RO water. I get it for free when I need it. I know the store owner. I had 4 buckets (20 gallons) ready to go. I needed 30 gallons, and it takes about a full day just to get 1 full bucket (5gallons) from my home. So since the fish were in buckets, I couldn't wait 2 days to get 10 gallons. I do not know why our RO system is so slow, but it gives pristine water. TDS meter usually shows like 5.

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
Day 5, video 2

Hey guys, just an update of a clearer tank.
[YT]wuv_tounV8Y[/YT]

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
Day 6

Okay guys, this will be my last video for a bit. The tank is really complete for the moment. The minute I change something or add something I will update. Please leave me comments on this journal. I need to know how much people enjoyed it, or disliked it. Thanks!
[YT]P6vswbji5do[/YT]

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Nice anem man! HUGEEE

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store