75 gallon stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
Wait what? Nitrates and ph are a great indication of when/how much water needs to be changed. Weekly or less is a great idea, but with low stocking levels and good buffering might be able to go weeks and be ok.

Sent from my LG-E980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
PH means absolutely nothing that isn't an indicator of anything.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Oxygen levels in your water are more vital than anything your testing kit will tell you. Sorry if I sounded short earlier, I'm a goofy dude and come across as cross sometimes. You change your water for two purposes; to reduce harmful toxins and replace oxygen. Your kit will tell you when it is time, sure, but that shouldn't ever be a necessity. Again, sorry if I sounded rude.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
More of a concern with cichlids is their growth inhibiting hormones they produce. Even if waste is low enough changing water more often keeps them from stunting.

OrQidz

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
I second pearl gouramis, also moonlight gouramis get 6-7 inches and can be gorgeous. Angelfish are great, you could have more than 2 but they do pair off and spawn and get aggressive. Does it have to be "a" centerpiece fish? You could do with a group of some of the rainbowfish that get decent sized, or some roseline sharks/denisons barbs that get to a pretty good size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store