75 Gallon Upgrade! Woo Hoo!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
I'm pretty ticked right now. I haven't heard from the owner since Thursday. All of the fish were in one bag, so that when one went, it probably wasn't long before they were all gone. I understand the risks, but right now I'm most disappointed by the lack of communication.

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Afro, that really bites!

I'm scared to order cyps.
It's my fault, Pap. I should have:
1. Done more research on the dealer.
2. Had more patience.
3. Gone with same day shipping to the airport.

I noticed Dave's in Texas will guarantee shipping for sirport pickups. That's the way to go.

My LFS ( Aquarium and Reef Center; Cape Coral, FL ), is going to special order them. He'll hold them for me for a week until we're sure they're going to make it. The price will be relatively the same, probably $15/ fish for Bulu Points, so I'm still looking at $150. I spent the refund cash on some Gold Ocellatus today for my 20. They're tiny little guys right now, lol.

DrNo

Overworked Member...
Jul 9, 2008
Dude that sucks Afro... so sorry to hear it. I can recommend the stock quality and responsiveness of Daves in San Anton' for sure. I spoke to him before I placed the order and the he came across as a professional. I'ven heard the stories about cyps being poor shippers, but now you have me really petrified LOL Congrats on the ocellatus. If you can get them as a LFS order that sounds like a solid decision.

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Just thought I'd update this in fairness to the dealer I ordered from. He did refund my purchase price ( but not the shipping ). It took three or four increasingly angry emails ( in the last I noted that I had sent the requested pictures and was storing the fish for any additional pics he may want, and that I would like to get them out of the freezer, as I do not have a sign that says " Dead Fish Storage " when you drive up to my house ).
Two days later I received an email simply stating that the money had been refunded. All in all, i was disappointed in the lack of communication and shipping technique. Perhaps they are usually better. Still, I will not be ordering from ReserveStockCichlids again.

DrNo

Overworked Member...
Jul 9, 2008
Just thought I'd update this in fairness to the dealer I ordered from. He did refund my purchase price ( but not the shipping ). It took three or four increasingly angry emails ( in the last I noted that I had sent the requested pictures and was storing the fish for any additional pics he may want, and that I would like to get them out of the freezer, as I do not have a sign that says " Dead Fish Storage " when you drive up to my house ).
Two days later I received an email simply stating that the money had been refunded. All in all, i was disappointed in the lack of communication and shipping technique. Perhaps they are usually better. Still, I will not be ordering from ReserveStockCichlids again.
PITA dude, but congrats on doing what was necessary (to get the stock refund).

Businesses should know better than to provide less than stellar customer service... the internet is powerful ,and aquarists increasingly come together to exchange information and ask about reputable businesses.

I think you've been more than fair in representing your experience with the business here. As a result, I won't be using them anytime soon.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Me neither see internet really does work... so hopefully reserves see this thread.. its all about customer service.. even with myself i tell folk to have a nice day and stay safe after i write them a ticket.. hehehe..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store