A couple more recipes for snail food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Diggslife

Find Your Roots
Jan 2, 2011
Maryland
The very first recipe in the thread is a gelatin recipe. Its super easy to make and calls for the addition of calcium powder. You just want to use plain calcium powder, I use
Jurassi-Cal. Honey can be added to recipes but has been known to cloud water although its often recommended for use with injured/recovering snails as it has natural antibiotic properties and snails that are not eating well can be attracted to the sweetness.

Outstanding, this is perfect!!! Just what I was looking for. Thank you

Temptress

Total Newbie
Mar 12, 2009
Minnesota
Man I couldn't find this thread haha I thought it had been moved! Anyway, I have been making snail jello for all my bottom feeders for quite sometime now and I would like to add this -tip- :

You can put the gelatin in BEFORE you microwave it for the 60secs just mix it real well before heating and there's no risk of those "unsightly lumps" I don't know what ever made me try this, but it works!

I always thought that was the most time consuming part of it all.. now, heck it's nothing!

*disclaimer - I didn't read through the 13 pages so if this was already mentioned... sorry! But it is a good tip to be rementioned haha!

CerenaDaft

AC Members
Oct 17, 2011
www.youtube.com
Are calcium pills just from the supermarket ok for snails and inverts to consume? I looked on the back of all the pills and they had all different ingredients and I didn't want them to be harmful to my inverts.

eozen81

AC Members
May 13, 2014
This is an old thread but again I want to ask.

Is there a guarentee recipe for Poso Snails among these as they are a bit different from the other snail species?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store