a couple of my loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You always find great fish jake!

I'm having trouble at Wet Spot. I put 8 loaches in my cart & it says 20! at check out. Opened a new window & tried just 1, still 20. I assume that means they have 20 total. Weird

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
You always find great fish jake!

I'm having trouble at Wet Spot. I put 8 loaches in my cart & it says 20! at check out. Opened a new window & tried just 1, still 20. I assume that means they have 20 total. Weird
Is it saying 20 in your cart - go to cart and reset the number to the number you want. Be sure to hit the 'update cart' button at the bottom.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah, I did that a few times & finally got it right, I think...after 28 fish in my basket!! (for a small fortune!) I'm feeling just a bit less than happy. Especially since they're making excuses for lack of help & slow shipping. The only time I got fish from them was in person (a great experience for these same loaches!). Now I'm debating how far my car can get on $50 of gas instead of shipping costs & a quick visit to friends or maybe I can pre-pay & pick up the fish after a week or so...I did see writing on tanks to save x# for a certain customer...

Or maybe I need to calm down & search for other fish I want like, Cass's sarawakensis rasboras... speed thinking & shopping. I wonder how many bags of fish are $50 to ship here...

I've only done mail order fish a few times over the years...& not in winter. & I thought moving fish & plants would be the hard part of getting these cool loaches. I was kind of resigned to ripped up/dead plants in my as yet non-fishy 110g tank.

Shopping...

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
You've opened a can of worms haha

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
This is partly why I'm not much of a shopper. Yes! I am tempted by all the pretty fish...& if I can ship a couple species for the same $50, well, I'm still looking, lol, but very tempted...still looking. They don't take orders for the weekends...

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, I did that a few times & finally got it right, I think...after 28 fish in my basket!! (for a small fortune!) I'm feeling just a bit less than happy. Especially since they're making excuses for lack of help & slow shipping. The only time I got fish from them was in person (a great experience for these same loaches!). Now I'm debating how far my car can get on $50 of gas instead of shipping costs & a quick visit to friends or maybe I can pre-pay & pick up the fish after a week or so...I did see writing on tanks to save x# for a certain customer...

Or maybe I need to calm down & search for other fish I want like, Cass's sarawakensis rasboras... speed thinking & shopping. I wonder how many bags of fish are $50 to ship here...

I've only done mail order fish a few times over the years...& not in winter. & I thought moving fish & plants would be the hard part of getting these cool loaches. I was kind of resigned to ripped up/dead plants in my as yet non-fishy 110g tank.

Shopping...
Your choice but I've used them several times the past 6 months without issue despite all the warnings. Now if you dont' really want the loaches that is another matter. They will contact you before they ship and allow you to adjust the day to your schedule. Then set notification to your phone (if you have one) for ups and you will know when the package arrives.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You are right jake. I need to quit shopping & just buy the dang loaches! If I actually wait until my tanks are "just right" I'll never get anything new ever again.

You're also right to question whether I have a smart phone, I don't. I have a landline & email so no texting.. We're retired so someone is almost always home. We do email...

Ordered 8! Order confirmed

• Love
Reactions: NoodleCats

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, dang. They only have 6 peppermint loaches...so I asked for a few days to see if there are other fish I might want. I think that 6 is all they get at a time, & not often. Loaches can be seasonal. I asked for pics but I'm not hopeful. I had 4 colorful males & 2 females before, not optimal.

Back to speed shopping.

• Sad
Reactions: NoodleCats
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I support fishorama as I too am a member of the no-smart-phone club. Plus I keep a few loach......

Its only money and you can't take it with you ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store