A difficult choice: Bettas -and- angels?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Andrew225

A little bit of everything
Jun 26, 2007
Colorado
So, a little rundown. I have a fifty five gallon tank, mixed community. Three angels, some german blue rams, rainbow cichlids, eel, gourami, a few schooling fish, -lots- of live plants.
I also had an empty ten gallon. My sister asked if she could use it, I said sure.
I came back from a week of being gone (She fed my fish) to find her tank completely unkept. Like, decaying shrimp, water line two inches lower than when i left, heater spazzing...awful.
The Betta, the 'showpiece' of her tank, t hiding under a plant. I coaz him into my hand ,bring him close to the tank. Frayed fins. He takes a hungry gulp of air at the surface, and resigns himself to staying in my hand.

So, here's the question. I know it's not ideal, but for the sake of the animal could i put him in the fifty five gallon, at least for a week, if not permanently? My angels are fairly complacent, but I'm afraid that the betta could pick a fight if he gets healthy.

Am i asking too much here?

Thanks for the advice,
Andrew

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
It is a 55 gallon tank should be enough room to swim away if aggression happens.

Or you can clean his 10 gallon home.

Andrew225

Jun 26, 2007
Colorado
My worry of simply cleaning is that it will fall into filth again., I'm afraid with scohol and work, adding another tank to clean will be just...eh...
At least a week, i think, in a better tank to raise him back to health.

Andrew225

Jun 26, 2007
Colorado
Lol. I plan to, but agian, with the deteriorating fins and the lack of activity, I would prefer to take it into my own custody for a while, you know?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store