A Good Oddball?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreddytheFish

Nano-Reefer
Aug 29, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
1. There's no such thing as a dwarf stingray.
2. African butterflies would eat your neons
3. Your angel will eventually eat your neons

I'd suggest adding more tetras to make your schools bigger, and getting more kuhlis.

For a centerpiece, I'd go with some kribs. I wouldn't get a ram, they like very high temps (80s).

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Scats are brackish water fish and when they reach adult size they will need a full marine set up to thrive. I would concentrate on increasing your schools of tetras and increasing the cherry barbs so they will be happy too. Feed your angelfish well and it will be a beautiful centerpiece fish.

Marinemom

BrkD

Unregistered User
Nov 12, 2006
Brooklyn, N.Y
if you have a 30g tank or bigger you should put your molly platy and angel in there. you have way too many different species of fish in there. increase the number of your tetras and cherry barbs to at least 6.

edit- if you want a good oddball im thinking a male betta would be a nice addition although it may be ahrd to find in a 55g

Last edited:

Freshwater_J

AC Members
Oct 28, 2006
i know im adding more schools of neons and glos come dis christmas

Aaron89

AC Members
Dec 2, 2006
England
scats come in FW and BW depending on the supplier, where i go to get my fish, one supplier says they are BW and the other says FW.

the dwarf stingray that i was able to get from a supplier was fine in a 40 G tank, best in 50+ as its only gets max of a hand span

Shagmaster

LOACH CRAZY
Oct 31, 2006
Los Angeles
Aaron89 said:
Maybe a dwarf sting ray or a clown knife fish. Scats, Ruby Red Pencilfish
Clown Knife would eat all his fish!

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Aaron89 said:
scats come in FW and BW depending on the supplier, where i go to get my fish, one supplier says they are BW and the other says FW.

the dwarf stingray that i was able to get from a supplier was fine in a 40 G tank, best in 50+ as its only gets max of a hand span
Scats are brakish water fish regardless of how they are shipped from the supplier. They will need a full marine set up as they mature. If they are kept in freshwater for any length of time then they will just waste away and die. Bad for the fish.

Marinemom

Rallysman

Stinkfist
Aug 2, 2006
Indiana
Aaron89 said:

WTF is a dwarf ray? The smallest stingray still gets a 12-14" disk..........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store