A hard decision

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What to do regarding advanced finrot + lumps?

• Continue treatment as outlined

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Continue treatment but with different meds (post suggestions)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Admit defeat and put him out of his misery

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
You did everything you possibly could, you are a great fishkeeper.

RIP little guy!

:(

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Thanks, everybody. I'm just hoping that I didn't overdose the Kanaplex to make him go so soon after, but I'm pretty sure that it was just his time. He'd been seeming to decline for the days prior, so I'm almost certain that it was just too late with the meds.

Well, now that I've gone through all that, I really want to get another betta. I'd sworn off them for a while since I hadn't had much luck with them. Ironic how I can keep a sensitive puffer fish alive through dumping it into an uncycled tank to being dumb about keeping teeth trimmed and all (thank god for www.thepufferforum.com, probably saved his life 20 times!) for 2 years, but I couldn't keep a betta alive for more than 6 months. Plus, with going fulltime, I didn't think having one in my tank at work would be okay, too much maintenance (just planted right now). But, having him for a while reminded me how much I like bettas. Yes, it was a struggle, and he was in really bad shape, but he really impressed me with how strong he was even to the end. Maybe I'll stop in to the LFS this weekend and see what they have. I saw that empty tank this morning, and it just looked...lonely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store