A little help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Hey all, I'm having a bit of a problem removing what I assume is hard water buildup on the water line of a large vivarium I've been asked to clean. I have managed to remove the heavy buildup with a metal scrapper, careful not to scratch the glass, but can't seem to remove the haze on the glass. Any suggestions on a course of action would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ghinksmon

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
Northern NJ
Have you tried vinegar? If not, wet a cloth or newspaper with vinegar and rub well. If the vivarium it empty you could try something stronger such as CLR, but then you need to rinse very well to remove trace residue.

Eddiecorrea

War kitty! God hates cats!
Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
Yup alittle water and vinegar mix should do the trick. Its how I clean all my saltwater supplies and as we all know SW is VERY corrosive and stains.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
I use 100% vinegar without any problems... I simply pour vinegar onto a paper towel and wipe away. I just be sure to not allow any vinegar to drip into the water. If there is still build-up left on a glass surface, I use a razor blade. Haven't had anything I couldn't really clean between the two..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store