a mini rant.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NorthcoastGirl

Proud Fish Geek
Oct 28, 2009
The Rust Belt
It may not seem like it in this part of the country, but Spring is coming. The days are getting a little longer- I leave work at 6:30 PM and there's a tiny bit of daylight left. The birds are starting their little love songs. In a month or so the everything will be, to quote ee cummings, "mudlucious and puddlewonderful". The peepers will start calling, and my all-time favorite harbinger of Spring, the crocus, will be poking out of the yard. The air will smell of water and earth. There'll be that wonderful shade of cloudy green that only appears on budding trees.

The first warm spring rain, and the salamanders will be out. My narcissi will start to strut their stuff. We'll probably get a few more cold snaps, but Spring'll get here. You can kind of smell it in the air. Sounds wierd, but true.

Anyway, had to post something about Spring. =) Thanks for reading!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
We hit 80 F today

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Oh DARN, I just checked the forecast :
Thursday Night
Mostly clear. Colder. Lows 43 to 47. Lowest wind chill readings 32 to 37.

jrow8162

AC Members
Apr 6, 2009
Richmond, VA
Nice thought! We're getting more snow tomorrow! We haven't had a snow season like this since I moved to Virginia in 88. I'm all for Spring coming. It cant come fast enough!!!

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
I can hear it and feel it too! Cant wait for that first crocus to peek up from the snow! Yesterday I thought to myself, I should refill those birdfeeders and today I called a contractor to make an appointment to design my new deck- I didn't realize it at the time- but its becasue spring is comming!

Fishrod- in the gloom of early January I would have called you a nasty name for a coment like "its 80 here." I would have considered it counting money in front of poor people ;)

Today I feel sorry for you that you don't get to experience things like looking back on a miserable and cold winter- but remember the snowball fights and sleeping in on snowy nights with a fire burning in the hearth (nothing else in the world smells like a snowstorm), and mostly this spring anticipation and excitement Northcoast is talking about. Its definately the best time of year and it will be here before you know it! You don't know what you're missing fishrod!

NorthcoastGirl

Proud Fish Geek
Oct 28, 2009
The Rust Belt
We hit 80 F today

Yeah, but you folks in the subtropics don't really GET a Spring. It's not just about the warmer weather (although admittedly, that helps)... it's about everything waking up. Springtime up here just feels so darn wonderful, but it wouldn't feel as wonderful without a winter.

Maybe I'm just a season-y kinda girl, lol. Spring and Autumn are my favorite times of year.

NorthcoastGirl

Proud Fish Geek
Oct 28, 2009
The Rust Belt
I can hear it and feel it too! Cant wait for that first crocus to peek up from the snow! Yesterday I thought to myself, I should refill those birdfeeders and today I called a contractor to make an appointment to design my new deck- I didn't realize it at the time- but its becasue spring is comming!

Fishrod- in the gloom of early January I would have called you a nasty name for a coment like "its 80 here." I would have considered it counting money in front of poor people ;)

Today I feel sorry for you that you don't get to experience things like looking back on a miserable and cold winter- but remember the snowball fights and sleeping in on snowy nights with a fire burning in the hearth (nothing else in the world smells like a snowstorm), and mostly this spring anticipation and excitement Northcoast is talking about. Its definately the best time of year and it will be here before you know it! You don't know what you're missing fishrod!
yay! You said pretty much what I said in the post above, but better!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store