ABOUT CLAMS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sumo warior

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Puerto Rico
IT OPENED UP IN ABOUT 5 MINUTES AND LOOKED SO HAPPY I CANT GET MH'S I JUST GOT MY PC'S TWO MONTHS AGO. WHAT IF I LEAVE LIGHTS ON LONGER. I GUESS ITS WORTH A SHOT BECAUSE MY LFS DOESN'T GIVE STORE CREDIT AND I'M NOT TURNING IT BACK IN FOR FREE TI COST $60.00 THAT HURT MY POCKET BUT MADE A GOOD ADDITION.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
I WONDER WHY THE LFS TOLD ME THAT I COULD HAVE IT NO PROBLEM
TI COST $60.00.
they are looking for a sale. people who dont do research beforehand are prime victims. some people may claim that you can keep one for at least a little while, but for the vast majority, you really do need more light. keeping the lights on longer isnt going to help all that much. if there is no other way, and you wont trade him to a friend, make sure yoru water is super clean, keep him very high up on the rocks right under the middle of the light, replace the PC bulbs often, feed the tank or bowl feed the clam live phytoplantkon.
keep in mind that it usualy takes 6+months for these things to starve.
good luck

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
what the heck were you doing up at 440 am? :p :confused:

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I agree with fishie, everything I have read on these types of clams state that they require STRONG or High Lighting. Your PC's aren't going to be strong enough. But like she said get him as High in your tank as you can and make sure that if you aren't growing phytoplankton that you are purchasing some.

I would also add that you are going to want to raise your salinity level to at least 1.025 to get it closer to sea water parameters, along with ensuring that the rest of your parameters don't get out of line. Clams need lots of calcium to grow a good shell.

what the heck were you doing up at 440 am? :p :confused:
Thats what I was wondering??

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
Some people are Nocturnal on weekends, I was up at 3.

AshtonMitchell

AC Members
Aug 11, 2007
Some people are Nocturnal on weekends, I was up at 3.
or some of us just don't sleep much. i only sleep 3 hours a night.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store