abscessed spider bit...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Wow Bally, so sad for you , that really sux ! I have been bit on the eye lid but just had some pain and swelling, not so bad. I did get bit on my upper left side of my chest once by what I think had to be a black widow. It swelled up and then the poison went to all the joints in my arms and legs , pretty painfull for a night but was ok the next day . I try to not frequent doctors myself either (no ins). Can relate to being cut up , just had 4 cysts cut out of my back , the final stiches come out fri :)
Hope you feel better !

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Ballyhoo brought up some excellent points. Are you taking any anti-inflammatory meds? Just some benadryl might do wonders for you. Benadryl along with some ibuprofen. Both very good for that. Take the ibuprofen every 4 hours around the clock for best results. It will calm down some of the responses you are having.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
You do have beautiful blue eyes, they remind me of Kurt Cobain's :) (I was Nirvana obsessed back in high school)

I have had some terrible allergic reactions to chigger, ant and mosquito bites with a lot of painful swelling, heat and redness, but never a spider bite like that with pus and what not. I have never been prescribed antibiotics for them, but have taken over the counter anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine medication as well as natural cures.

I know it's hard to believe, but there are actually some very powerful natural antibiotics which can work well in instances like these. The best part is they can compliment conventional antibiotics and will only help, not harm. Your body definitely seems compromised due to having to expend a lot of resources fighting this infection. I usually take turmeric (an ancient cure...it's not just used to flavor mustard!) and oil of oregano. These have helped me through a lot of borderline situations where I chose not to go to the doctor (I have no health insurance...although perhaps that will change under the reform law).
Honey can work wonders, particularly a product known as MediHoney. It's in the process of revolutionizing wound care. It functions by physically dessicating the bacteria, so there is no possibility of resistance developing. It worked wonders on a nasty wound I received on my leg. I have pics!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Honey can work wonders, particularly a product known as MediHoney. It's in the process of revolutionizing wound care. It functions by physically dessicating the bacteria, so there is no possibility of resistance developing. It worked wonders on a nasty wound I received on my leg. I have pics!
Thanks for the tip! I had forgotten all about the healing powers of honey (and bee pollen, for that matter!)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Ok

039.JPG 041.JPG

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Whew that looks rough. And the medi honey helped it out huh? Pretty awesome

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I was clinging onto a ledge catching a Mantis Shrimp from a refugium high above the live rock bins where I used to work when I slipped off. I fell about 6' and landed on my feet with the Mantis in the viewer, no problem. But about 2' off the ground was a little ledge that stuck out, and my shin went right across it.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Ooh ouch. Yeah I've scraped my shin a few times. I have a pretty insane pain tolerance (which is pretty messed up considering I have chronic pain issues. They never quite realize how bad it is because I can take so much of it) but when you hit those spots where there isn't much from bone to surface skin that can hurt pretty bad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store