Absolute best glass-cleaning/algae-eating fish species - please vote

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

s2man

Registered Member
Sep 11, 2007
Kansas City, MO
I only clean the front of my tank, as I consider the algae part of my filtration system. When the algae got too heavy for some of the plants, I added Oto's. I've got some black hair algae coming on, now. I think it looks nice on the drift wood, but it is starting to spread to my plants. I've read good things about Siamese Algae Eaters, but they are too active for my current setup. I'm waiting for my local shop to get American Flag fish in, next week, to handle the hair algae. When I kept Pleco's, I never thought about algae. My Chinese Algae Eaters didn't seem to live up to their name. About the comments about not buying fish you don't like or to do "jobs"; I see the tank as an ecosystem. If it is out of balance, I have no problem adding another organism to restore equilibrium. I'm not a plant, Oto, snail, shrimp, AFF or catfish keeper. But they all have a place in my micro-environments, supporting the primary fish I am keeping or breeding.

FINJOY

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
TRY BRISTLENOSE PLECOS. I HAVE TWO ADULTS IN A FIFTY FIVE WITH ANGEL FISH AND I HAVE TO ADD FOOD FOR THEM NIGHTLY AS THAT TANKS REMAINS SPOTLESS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store