Absolute DISASTER with neons

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
Everything's okay, Rachel. :) Absolutely no reason to panick. I responded to your PM. Thank you for everything. :)

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I appreciate you being so understanding! I thought you were busy, you thought I was busy. ugh! What a mess! You deserve a prize for how cool you are being and it means alot to me! Thanks!

Fish are all doing awesome. I am going to move some of the hatchets into my discus tank and some otos around the fish room (the ones I am going to keep for myself).

foolishfish

Registered Fish Offender
Dec 10, 2008
Where the wild things are
Just caught up on this. Wow! Not to over dramatize but it reminds me of when my kids were infants and they'd get sick. You feel totally helpless 'cuz they can't tell ya where it hurts. Major kudos to your effort. I've tried rescuing all kinds of fish that people have given me and it almost always ended badly. Having the resources of A/C has thankfully reversed a lot of the bad endings.

If it's any consolation, I've been at the best LFS in our area when they received their neons and was told that they frequently open the shipping container to confront 50% losses right off of the bat. They rarely bring neons in any more due to those heavy losses and the problems of trying to QT quietly in a high volume retail environment.

They're just really delicate, and you obviously had little time to prepare. I have plenty of tanks but I can't imagine trying to take in that many orphans in the middle of the night. The fact that you saved anything should be solace enough. It may not feel like it but the alternative that all of those fish faced would likely have been much worse in any one elses hands. Great job kiddo.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
thanks, it was sure one heck of a learning experience. I still don't know what happened (don't expect to at this point). All the hatchets and otos as well as all the contaminant tetras, pencilfish, apistos, and cories survived and are doing great at least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store