AC blocked?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I have a buddy (now in college) that got into the district servers and did some stuff. It didn't shut it down or anything, but the district really wasnt happy. He couldn't even print anything at school after that (of course he got around that). I still have 1.2 years left at this school and I def want to be able to use the networks and the computers there now that I have invested $300+ into a tablet and accessories. What would I do if I lost my ability to use autocad 2013 (next year 2014!)? :)

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Glad to hear it. I'm glad you're trying to resolve it within the system. There's no fall out this way.
Yeah, I second this.

I have a buddy (now in college) that got into the district servers and did some stuff. It didn't shut it down or anything, but the district really wasnt happy. He couldn't even print anything at school after that (of course he got around that). I still have 1.2 years left at this school and I def want to be able to use the networks and the computers there now that I have invested $300+ into a tablet and accessories. What would I do if I lost my ability to use autocad 2013 (next year 2014!)? :)
heh, When I was in high school I found out that the whole district loaded the desktop back ground for all computers from the same (poorly secured) location. That was so very tempting, but I knew they would figure out who did it(it was a small town), so all I did was snoop.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Lol, I wasn't always on the side of the district IT but the guy they put at the high school is really cool.

My school just switched to a tone of WYSE computers that all boot off of the district servers. From what I can tell most of them are basically thin clients with a power boost from the old standards.

The teachers computers all boot off of remote desktop (I think the same servers) but from what I understand is if one teacher isn't using his/her computer at the time, the other teachers that are will utilize the cpu and ram. I don't see how that would work with any benefit. The school was networked in 02, likely with the cheapest cable they could use. That is how one teacher explained it to me, I have yet to talk to the tech about it.

The annoying thing is that when the servers go down (happens a lot) all of the teachers can't use their computers and a lot of the other staff loose their ability to use theirs as well. They have been replacing a lot of the laptops with network booting ones as well that go down. I was FORCED (I would get a detention if I didn't do it. They wouldn't let me do any other homework (I usually had a study hall that period). And it wasn't even a class that I could get any credit for) to use this crappy plato act software that had no save feature until the lesson is done and the server went down causing me to loose an hour of work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store