ACA Member

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jonah

new old member
Dec 1, 2002
Oklahoma
petsforum.com
I do plan on joining soon. Pam made a plug for ACA at the TCA in Texas and I've been thinking about it since. The only thing I don't like is there doesn't seem to be any real presence in my home state. Only a few people I know are/have been members and other than the annual ACA meeting and the BB I might not get much else out of it.

I am already involved (treasurer) in the local aquarium association, if there was a local ACA club I'd already be a member most likely.

Rocketman

Detroit; proud of it.
Oct 24, 2002
Detroit, MI
Real Name
Reid
Congrats!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but, Jonah, you didn't happen to be a member of a board by the name of 'FishyForums' did you? If so, you would recall an argument we had over Iraq...

jonah

new old member
Dec 1, 2002
Oklahoma
petsforum.com
Originally posted by Rocketman
Congrats!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but, Jonah, you didn't happen to be a member of a board by the name of 'FishyForums' did you? If so, you would recall an argument we had over Iraq...
More like a discussion than an argument.:) I used to post here at Aquaria Central all the time on the old version, but the BS got a little too thick for me. AC seems much better now from what I've seen.

Mojo: Congratulations on the new appointment. It's a big challenge, but from what I've seen of you, I think you're up for the test.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
Congrats mojo on your appointment to the ACA. and also congrats on coming back here, your presence was truly missed. i have always been a fan of all your tanks and information. i have not joined the ACA party becasue im in the same boat as ChilDawg in that i have not been keeping fish for that long of time, approx 1 year, and i have also become accustomed to new worlders and not so much africans. but i am considering joining, just have not had the time to look into it. i would like to know the site of the ACA so i could take a look. but after this i will search and try to find it anyways.

scholar

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Laguna Niguel, CA
Visit site
HI mojo,

I am a fan of yours, great pics. I am not a a memebr of ACA. I also do not know what they do!

Mine and any other's need are pics (male/female/fry), descpription, sexing, biotype, etc.. and a classified section, and periodic auctions.

This site is good. I also have 15 other sites which I frequent. I use this site exclusicely for the forum.

I need to know how to sex socolofi's. Even Pam does not know. Someone got to know!! I will be happy to trade this knowlwdge with how to sex electric yellows. At one inch I can call the sex with 95+% accuracy. :)

Last edited:

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
Okay, I have been a member for about three weeks now and I have received nothing in the mail. No thank you for your money no stickers or pamphlets or anything else like I have gotten when I joined Jeep clubs. If you read this Mojo it might be something to look in to, just a simple form thank you letter sent out to new members, low cost and gives new members a sense of belonging; which is why people join clubs and forums etc.

Ledslnger

AC Members
Nov 1, 2001
Sioux City, IA
Actually Cypherman....the last two covers of the Buntbarsche Bulletin have had South Americans on it...I think. One was a Geophagus jurupari the newest is some type of SA/CA. They have actually been doing a ton of New World stuff....I think more NW than Old World as of late. Some great articles too...there was one a while back that was about keeping OW and NW cichlids in the same tank. Pretty interesting....both cichlids liked different types of territories so it worked out well.
I have been in the ACA for 2 years or so...memory isn't good for stuff like that. So, since I liked it so much and would probably forget to sign up each year I just did the Lifemember thing. Good use for tax refund money in my opinion! :)
I recommend it highly...this years ACA Convention was awesome...got to meet some great people and forum friends face to face finally after several years!!! Met Mojo and many others and hope to meet them and more next year in Denver!!! :)
Join for a year if not just to check out the Trading Post and BB. I think after you read them for 4 months you will be ready to sign up for another year! I really enjoy them. The Trading Post might allow you to find a cichlidiot that lives almost next door to you that you never knew about!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store