Acarichthys heckelii & Aequidens diadema are here.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thank you Mike. I decided not to put these off since last time a put some fish of I didn't see it again for like 3yrs. Now just for bigger tanks.

Yes Kyle Ill be getting some 40 breeders. 2 of them if the price is still right. LFS had them for like $70 for the tank, light, cover. All I need to get is the filter and heater.

Hmmmm Since Marineland heaters are on recall what heater should I go with? I really hate heaters but fish need them.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Nice pick-up. I've always liked the eartheaters...used to keep juriparis a couple decades ago.

Mark

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
I hate heaters too, grrr.

Nice looking fish, even in the bag. I can't wait to see a more settled in photo of them so you had better get those 40's up and running soon before you have an angry mob on your hands.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Jebo ok ill keep that in mind.

Yeah I got to see about getting those aquariums.

Hmmm seems the temp got a bit colder in my room them expected and now one of the Acarichthys is acting funny. I moved my heater from the 53 to the tub to see if it perks up with the warmer temp. All the Aequidens are doing fine looking for food... Again...

Yesterday as I was laying on my bed I noticed something move in the Aequidens tub. When I looked closer it was one of them jumping out of the water over and over and over. I think it saw a lil thryp flying from one of my mom's plants. Glad I didn't fill those things up all the way.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
very nice....congrats

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thanks. Hope they get nicer. The Acarichthys that is acting weird is laying on its side but breathing normal I know cuz I lifted it up and well saw how it was breathing obviously. The sun from the window hit its side and boy does it have some great coloring. Awesome fish. Cant wait till there bigger.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
I'm excited to see more photos, and your Heckelii is probably just shakin up. My BGJD Male did this when I first got him for a few days. I'm sure he'll perk up soon.

Its awesome hearing how they were trying to catch a insect from there container! Sounds really cool to watch!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store