Acei is holding..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
1st spawns are so exciting, Congrats! 2nd spawns are more successful though. :) You're going about this the right way (let her spit naturally in the tank, give the fry a chance with small rubble pile) especially because growing out fry takes LOTS of extra room. With plenty of cover some fry should survive, unless you are like me and have loaches that are engineered to get into little spaces. :uhoh: Good luck!

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
She should be fine Rufio, as long as she has places to retreat. My tank is like a maternity ward at any given time (I've had up to 9 females holding at once), and I've never had a female harrassed to sickness. In fact, I've seen some of the girls hold their own and chase any potential intruders away from their hiding spot of choice.

Duke79

AC Members
Aug 28, 2010
Hey DrgRcr ... I don't want to hijack this thread about an Acei holding -- but one of the Acei I purchased from you is holding right now. It is exciting to have that first spawn in the tank. This will be the first since I left the hobby in 1982.

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
Congrats Duke! She should have a bundle for you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store