Achilles Tang (Adult) - Acanthurus achilles

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Marcus Fenix

bicolor anglefish-one of my favs
Jul 21, 2007
Canada
Personally I'd shoot for a 100g + if you're wanting either of them.
I've seen a Powder Blue in a 75 before and it seemed to thrive. but, I'll do more research before. anywho, I won't be buying the 75gal before october. leves me alot of time to think things properly.

but, my 30gal will definitely be converted into a sump. I've been reading/researching alot on sumps lately. think I can manage something decent with with the 30gal.

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
i'd recomend a 100g for your tangs aswell mate and i dont over do it with the live rock either just to give them the maximum swimming space....as for the rock beauty they get big up to 10" i believe :)

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
I think the powder blue gets around 8" to 9" I bought one and he is doing great he's about 4" to 5" long. They are beautiful fish and gets along with the other tangs.

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
my yellow tang gets a bit aggressive but nothing serious but the my orange shoulder which is about 10" wouldnt hurt a fly....hes a very placid fish and hand tame...the best fish ive ever had :)

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
I had a yellow tang he killed my majestic angelfish it was my fault I put him the tank that the yellow tang had already established. I then moved the yellow tang to my 180 gal and yes the last fish I put in but he died about a couple weeks later he got fin rot really bad.

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
sorry to hear you lost the fish.....i love my yellow tang hes got plenty personality.....when i first added the angel he got a bit excited doing alot of fins up and going along side the angel....but he seems to have got over it :)

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
if it is an 8 foot tank i think it could be done... the achilles and pbt that is.

is it 6 or 8?

if its six id say that its too close but an eight might be alright. Either way, if you do decide to get it, be cautious, and have a back-up plan ready first =).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store