Adding copper as a prevention method?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Thank you for your advice. I will not use the copper treatment in my tank.
I think you have made the right decision razec. And like others have said I wouldn't go to that store again.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I remember going to a LFS around here & seeing a tankfull of emaciated green spotted puffers. It was right after my article on them had come out in that month's TFH mag. I told the guy working there, they needed to be treated for IPs. He said all their tanks were treated with copper. I tried to explain how bad that was & that fish need to be treated internally for IPs. I told him this info was in my article, which was probably on his shelf. He laughed, & walked away!

Last edited:

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
I remember going to a LFS around here & seeing a tankfull of emaciated green spotted puffers. It was right after my article on them had come out in that month's TFH mag. I told the guy working there, they needed to be treated for IPs. He said all their tanks were treated with copper. I tried to explain how bad that was & that fish need to be treated internally for IPs. I told him this info was in my article, which was probably on his shelf. He laughed, & walked away!
You should of grabbed the magazine with the artical in, rolled it up and then beat him repeatedly around the head with it till you got your point across

razec

AC Members
Nov 15, 2007
New developments with the yellow tang bought from the store

Yesterday 12/15/2007 I bought a yellow tang from that store.

As of 4:00PM CT I noticed that the yellow tang bought yesterday has black spots on this body.
Today in the morning when I turned on the lights he was almost white. The yellow color came back 5-10 minutes after the lights came on.

Is he already sick with black ich? Or this is something because of stress and will go away without any treatment?

Last edited:

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The dark coloring is their night color. It also appears when they are very stressed. You may notice a thick white horizontal stripe when they are in their night color as well. The black spots, are these powder like spots? A general area of black/grey in the night time? Or dark blobs of color almost like ink?

jones57742

AC Members
Mar 18, 2006
San Angelo, TX
You should of grabbed the magazine with the artical in, rolled it up and then beat him repeatedly around the head with it till you got your point across
LOL

I presume that the rolled magazine would be in the right hand.

I believe that a broken off Lone Star with the appropriate jagged edges held in the left hand slightly below his waist would be a tremendous catalytic agent in the reduction of the time required for his behavior modification.

TR

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store