African Dwarf Frogs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
The target feeding, like Ash said, is a good way to go for animals that tend to get outcompeted for food. Danios are little pigs and will overeat, so try the target feeding to make sure the frog gets what he needs.

hvfd13

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Connecticut
Real Name
Dan
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I think im going to try the turkey baster for the bloodworms and the frozen brine shrimp. The ADFs like to hide under a big rock decoration i have in the tank, so i think shooting the food underneath the rock will work.
Do the amphibian pellets float or sink?

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
I've never done anything for my ADF's and they've never died from starvation. I've had them in tanks from ten to fifty-five gallons and it doesn't seem to matter(and yes I've had danios). I usually sprinkle flake for the fish and then drop wafers or pellets in there for the frogs and ground dwelling fish. I think feeding ADF's is hyped up way too much because it's not a difficult thing. I enjoy them very much but if I had to reach into my tanks with a turkey baster or tweezers everyday just to feed them I certainly wouldn't have them. It would be a nightmare trying to locate them in heavily planted tanks.

hvfd13

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Connecticut
Real Name
Dan
well thats reasurring at least. thanks again to all. if i have questions about anything else, ill let you all know.

breazy_18

AC Members
Jan 25, 2011
I used to have a couple of african dwarf frogs. I fed mine frozen bloodworms with a turkey baster. If you squeeze the turkey baster just enough so that the ends of the bloodworms are out and hold it infront of their face so they can grab a couple strands. This way the other fish in the tank won't be able to steal their food. This is what worked best for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store