air help question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
in my new tank i havent set the sump up yet, as i havent enuff water, but i was wondering, as there is no skimmer, are my fish gettin any air in the water? i am using some koralias to move the water and the surface is being broken, but just to make sure, i connected up an air pump. its not perminant, so its not to nasty on the eyes, but was i thinkin right??

Artemis JT

AC Members
May 24, 2008
Wiscawnsin
Um. We'll need more info, tank size, pump size or whatever, etc.

Your going to need a protein skimmer though...for much success.

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
i have a protein skimmer, in the sump, which will be used as of next week. its a 100 uk gallon. got about 30 kilo's live rock, 2 maxi-jets, one pointing up one down and a koralia 3 on the surface. there is no sand in there, thats going in VERY carefully once the sump can be started, its the old sand from my last tank, so im going to start a dsb in sump and have a thin layer in tank. but to save debree build up, its on hold. there were no signs of bad health, and it was literally a quick tank swap. with abit, not to much, of a water change!! i only put the air pump on there as i always thought i was relying on the skimmer to aerate the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store