Air pump lifespan?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
hmmm.....not what i was expecting i thought this would be about how long fish lived with only a air pump on the tank...but this is good 2

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
I just about refuse to use anything that requires air pump any more. Don't think I have ever gotten more than 4-6 months out of one, on top of which they make noxious noise. My office/bedroom/fishroom has to pretend to be a call center during working hours and detectable noise whether human, animal, electronic or air-moving will get me fired, so, bah humbug.

That said the turtle-shaped whisper (forget model number and can't lay hands on it right now under the rubble) lasted the longest. Best wishes to yours. :)
your loss. i have air pumps that are 10 years old. i am almost slowly on air pumps now.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
your loss. i have air pumps that are 10 years old. i am almost slowly on air pumps now.
Mg- what make/model if you don't mind me asking? I assume this is with some re-building in between?

FWIW, my replacement whisper has been flawless.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
those little ones you buy for like a 1 gallon or what ever they break in like a week.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
Mg- what make/model if you don't mind me asking? I assume this is with some re-building in between?

FWIW, my replacement whisper has been flawless.
well now i am on to bigger pumps. i use this now.
http://www.jehmco.com/html/lph80.html

i can find a picture of the medium size one i had. i got it at my local fish club super cheap. it was old then and i used it for 3-4 years. i still have it around here somewhere just not sure where.

here is one of the smaller pumps i use to use. i think it was like a maxium or something. i had a couple some that i could control the air flow as well.

10gal3_01.jpg

10gal3_01.jpg

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
what are you gonna stock it with or is that a old pic and you have it stocked with fish and all that good stuff.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
whoa...i forget sometimes people take tanks down and dont just restock it.aww man i gotta do my water change i was aspose to do it at 8 but i had homework be back in about 40-60 minutes?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store