Albino channel catfish cost?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
fish prices tend to very widely with region and store. The bigger fish can either be cheaper because so few people can house them...or really pricy to ensure they go to someone who is serious about the animal.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Why not do a search in your area? Most of the people here aren't in your area, so would have as hard of a time getting that information as you would, if not harder, since you actually know whether some of the stores in question carry fish.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Try Shark Aquarium in New Jersey. Might be an hour drive (pending traffic, of course), but of all the stores in the area, they carry more big fish than elsewhere. I know I've seen channel cats there, not sure about albino. But, give them a call, he probably can order for you.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
try posting on MFK?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
MFK is probably a good idea. That looks like it's a big fish. Start high, and people will call you crazy and make offers. Maybe look at pricing for similar sized catfish, and take a stab based on those prices.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I wonder if you really have much flexibility here. Do you know how to ship a fish of this size safely? If not your potential buyers are limited to where you might deliver it to combined with how far a buyer is willing to travel to pick it up. I would be less concerned with the money part and more concerned with the finding it a good home part. 99% of fish keepers would not be able to home this fish, possibly even more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store