FREE algae gel food mix samples - NH - $0.00 shipped

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
I'd say just fold it in a piece of paper and put it in a regular envelope, but the PO may be a bit touchy about people sending green (or other color) powders through the mail and ask you uncomfortable questions. I hear gitmo is lovely this time of year.... :)

but put me on the list anyway. "Live forever or die trying" is my motto. /swaggers in jaunty manner. :)

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
One thing that helps, cello, is to send things as a "first class mail package"
+1

You could even send flats in stuffed envelopes...
re USPS and small packages... anything less than 12" and 13oz can go 1st class - it's cheap, I mail 90% of my plants this way (large packages, big crypts tend to be over weight).
Yep, I've estimated everything out using first class, but they do have different prices for "letters" vs. "large envelopes" vs. "packages." The amounts in the sale thread go as packages and that's fine. It is pretty cheap, even for packages, but when we're talking about less than $1 worth of raw material, even $0.78 more in postage makes a big difference.

I hear gitmo is lovely this time of year.... :)
And that is exactly why I put it in zip-close plastic bags! :p: I test packed some in folded paper and there was powder everywhere. Also, the contents wouldn't be protected from moisture.

...will defer to those in line (way) ahead of me.
This isn't a queue. That would not be nearly chaotic enough. Go ahead and put your name in the hat if you want. Just tell me which mix. :)

Public Service Announcement: Just a quick reminder that if you have questions, comments, or reviews, please post them here: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225922. Thanks!

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
I would be interested in trying this, I've read a lot on jello feeding but never gave it a shot. Either Calcium or not would be fine. I have plecos, ottos, red cherry shrimp, and crawfish that would all probably love it.

xVitox

Daphnia Wrangler
Feb 16, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
Yeah im excited to try this! Got some ideas on how to give it to my guys...I think ill try both in a jar lid and as a sheet by itself....Hopefully everyone will want to eat this!

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
As previously stated, I'm leaving this open until Friday at 6pm Eastern Time, so you can still throw in your name.

Here's the "hat" so far. (If you didn't tell me which mix you want, I put you down for either.)

Mix #1 (regular)
================
247Plants
James0816
Kerry121774
H2Ogal
JRMalick
born2lovefish
piggy67

Mix #2 (calcium)
================
vampie
deeleywoman
ele funk
Fishfamily_MA
gtu2004
BOLTSFAN
hamsterman

Either
================
RodInCALIFORNIA
Aphotic Phoenix
RDTigger
dixienut
balasharc
xVitox (prefer mix #2)
tyler79durdan
clb2196 (prefer mix #2)
emptywallet (prefer mix #1)
conbrio
huffmagx
XanAvaloni
ZSandmann

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
I am interested in both. The regular for hillstream loaches that don't seem interested in anything but the algae on the walls of the tank and on rocks, and the calcium for my bridgesii. Thanks Sam

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
Cutoff is in less than 15 hours, so jump in if you're going to, and make sure I have you on the right list. :)

Everyone else is doing it........
:p: Yep, all the cool kids:

Mix #1 (regular)
================
247Plants
James0816
Kerry121774
H2Ogal
JRMalick
born2lovefish
piggy67
jpappy789