Alternative food for a Dragon Goby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
why not just feed a smaller portion of blood worms then there wont be such a excess laying around the bottom of the tank.

carpenter547

The Desert Punk
Aug 11, 2010
imperial valley
Real Name
now that would be telling
my dragon goby eats sinking algae waifers and shrimp pellets my ghost shrimp like them too. i know they all really like them since i feel liberally and there is litterally nothing but clean sand in the bottom of the tank with in minutes of the feeding. *well some poop too but that is the end result 'get it end LOL' of the cycle*

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Dragon Gobies needs vegetable matter too. If I feed mine too much bloodworms, or pellets he starts to try to scrape algae off the glass with his teeth.

When I feed bloodworms I normally defrost them in a shot glass and use a syringe and squirt a few in a pile for him to eat. Then you can put the rest in the fridge and use it the next day. It doesn't last longer than 24 hours though.

I also crush algae wafers for him, drop occasional shrimp pellets and these weird red color pellets.

carpenter547

The Desert Punk
Aug 11, 2010
imperial valley
Real Name
that was my point

You can't keep FW & BW fish together.
that was my point although if there was some wierd BW pleco i would have loved to get my hands on one too. :dance2:

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
i have a 20 g inherited from my son when he got bored with it, fresh water wit a bit of salt in it. both the pleco and the violet gobie are doing reasonably well (perhaps not ideal for either, but they continue to get bigger). i feed various things but mostly flake, algae wafers and shrimp pellets (which the gobie loves because they disintegrate and the dust fits easily into his mouth)

carpenter547

The Desert Punk
Aug 11, 2010
imperial valley
Real Name
your goby needs

your goby needs a bigger tank. a different tank. algae waifer *pleco food* shrimp pellets sand to dig in a heater or warm water *my water with out heater is at 82 degrees even with the a/c on but i will need the heater in the winter.

your goby needs brackish water not just a little salt. if you don't have a hydrometer then mix the sea water mix at half the strength that will give you 1.010 s.g.

right now your goby need water with s.g. of 1.005 to below sea water.

if you don't want to mix the seawater buy the sea water and mix it with equal part of fresh water durring your water changes.

all the above will kill your gold fish. btw your tank is on the small side for your gold fish too.

all said with nice intentions informationally not a flame at all :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store