Am I cycled

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
Tank is a 46 Bowfront with 2 Eheim 2215's, Fluval E-Series 300 watt heater set to 76.5, Marineland Plant LED, Eheim Skim 350, and a 9watt turbo-twist UV. Planted with driftwood. Stock is 11 Gold Pristella Tetras, 10 Black Phantom Tetras, 4 Coryadora's, 1 Weather Loach, and 1 whiptail catfish.

Tonights readings (6/21) were this;
Nitrites: 0.1ppm or below
Nitrates: ~5ppm
Ammonia: 0ppm
pH: 7.0 even

My last readings (6/15) were this;
Nitrites: 1ppm
Nitrates: 10ppm
Ammonia: 0ppm
pH: 7.0

I did a water change last night (~15%), and added a few mL's of Seachem Prime, as well as a teaspoon of seachem neutral regulator. The tank was originally set up on 5/28, but I heard it cracking, and replaced it/all new water on 6/5, so the filters have been up and running since the 28th, and the water itself has been in there since the 5th.

Most recent shot(It's a long exposure, so all the fish are blurred out):

220 Second Exposure by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
1 ppm nitrites = not cycled
cycled tank readings will be 0 NH3/NH4,0 NO2 with 0-20+ ppm NO3

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
That's a LOT of fish in a tank that's not established yet. You may have a beneficial bacteria colony in there, but not one sized for that bio load yet. You may have to do daily water changes until your certain you show no ammonia and nitrites. Not sure what Seachem "neutral" is, but I'm not into additives at all aside from dechlor.

Great looking tank by the way!

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
That's a LOT of fish in a tank that's not established yet. You may have a beneficial bacteria colony in there, but not one sized for that bio load yet. You may have to do daily water changes until your certain you show no ammonia and nitrites. Not sure what Seachem "neutral" is, but I'm not into additives at all aside from dechlor.

Great looking tank by the way!
I got antsy.. Haha. Thanks for the info, and glad you like my tank!

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep, we've all been there at some point. Keep a close eye on your water params and feed very lightly for now.

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
Yep, we've all been there at some point. Keep a close eye on your water params and feed very lightly for now.
I am. It's gotten significantly better in the last week. I'm hopeful it'll level out in the next week.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store