American Relations

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
I went to Switzerland when i was in grade 10 with a group of Girl Guides and a couple 'leaders'. We were sitting in a resturaunt talking and giggling like 15 year old girls do..... and getting evil looks from a couple sitting across from us. We overheard them say something like "Filthy Americans" or something along those lines. We were little girls! One of our leaders spun around and said "Excuse me, but we are Canadian." We got nothing but apologies for the rest of the time in the resturaunt. Its people like that that actually make me mad, people who hate someone personally just because of thier country.

I will always sew a Canadian flag onto my backpack whereever i go..... all of us Canadians do it.

Other than that i have not really had any experiences showing the opionion of other countries towards americans.

DeVitaf

Go Pats!!!
Apr 15, 2002
N. Providence, RI
Originally posted by aquariumfishguy
Yeah, amazing how such a tragedy brought out all the flags on peoples property... for however long that lasted (a few weeks maybe?). :rolleyes:
My flag flew before and is still flying :)

Last edited:

DeVitaf

Go Pats!!!
Apr 15, 2002
N. Providence, RI
Originally posted by aquariumfishguy
That is great, but most people who had flags down the walk-way, up on their porches, and even high in the air have since taken the flags down. Its too bad.
I agree I have seen that as well...

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
originally posted by happychem
LMAO!@@
But what episode was that?
Heh, it was an episode where the simpsons were down in Brazil I think. Homer and Bart were walking along the beach and a life guard said, "Hey Americans!" Homer turns around and gasps "How did he know we were Americans?" He was wearing a T-shirt with that picture on it. I almost cracked a rib I laughed so hard.

I found a place online that sells the T-shirt and immediately bought one. Kinda sums up Ol' George's world relationship philosophy don't you think?

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by Watcher74

Of course if Aliens attacked Earth we would all unite and fight against them. Unless that ever happens we will always fight among ourselves.
Aliens are much too intelligent to attack Earth. What they'd probably do is fake a crash somewhere in the desert southwest and sneak a few of their kind into local governments in the area. Eventually they'd spread their powerbase and . . .

Oh, perhaps I've said enough already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store