amphirion's carnivorous plant

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Looks great!!!

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
I've been wondering when VF would join in on the carnage

amphirion

AC Members
Oct 29, 2010
it's been a while...time for updates!

my potential hamata monstrosity errr....i mean cultivar: N. hamata "i need braces"
reasoning is painfully obvious. im suspecting it's not a disease issue, but more with TC, can anybody verify?

the most recent pitcher:

N. hamata 'hairy red' - mine is peculiarly a very robust clone, dont know why, mad props to Tony i guess:

N. aristolochioides, happy timez are now over...the weather is warming up, and i've noticed that the plant has stopped pitcher production:

N. talangensis:

N. jamban- I really love this plant:

N. burbidgeae:

N. ventricosa:

N. dubia:

N. tenuis:

N. platychila:

N. inermis:

Now the Heliamphora:
H. sarracenioides:

H. minor:

H. pulchella, suffered so much abuse, im surprise it has put up with me so far...

H. hispida, my first heli, and subsequently, the one that has suffered the greatest abuse....i hope it recovers quickly....

H. chimantensis:

and progress on the U. quelchii flower:

amphirion

AC Members
Oct 29, 2010
some more...this time pings and dews, and one nep.

P. agnata:

P. esseriana:

P. cyclosecta:

P. rotundiflora:

P. laueana:

the nicer looking dews at the moment:
D. slackii:

D. cunneifolia:

D. binata var multifida f extrema

D. capensis:

D. paradoxa: i love this plant! never fails to disappoint!

D. oblanceolata, Hong Kong, Sunset Peak:

and the Nep who missed the memo last week:
N. jacquelinae:

amphirion

AC Members
Oct 29, 2010
more pics since the sun decided to do a 30 second peak...
graomogolensis---more or less the same size when i first got it---which is saying a lot since this is actually an offshoot of the mother plant, which did pass away.

big brother, little "hairy" brother

jacquelinae's pitchers have never looked better for me since i first got the plant, and even then, nothing like this!

quelchii---for travis aka pygo, please stalk this forum so i can update you on the flower.

flower closeup:

h. minor---

h. sarracenioides---as you can tell, a very vigorous grower...the dead leaf was only 2 leaves before the main.

u. bisquamata 'betty's bay'---should this even be considered a cultivar? seems more like a location variety to me...way to open a can of worms. :p

and a new debut: u. praetermissa, which is growing very well--exhibiting lots of stolon/trap growth for one tuber, which is nice.

that's all for now folks...the petiolaris dews are waking up, so i'll be taking shots of them when they are full of foliage.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Dang, dude... don't know what else to say. They look great! I can't help with the hamata... honestly, I'm not really sure what you mean by "TC". Awesome collection. I can't wait until my Jaquelineae and Jambans look like that!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store