Anacharis Alternative

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vince G.

AC Members
Dec 27, 2010
Roselle Park, NJ
I have one piece of Rotala sp 'mini' that I was given by accident that grows great in my tank with low to moderate lighting. I've been told that it needs more light than I have, but It seems to be doing well.

wrek

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
My caboma also "melted" but my hornwort is going absolutely bonkers... it's doing great.. so great I now understand why it's listed as an invasive plant ;)

sepehr

AC Members
Jul 5, 2010
Someone here mentioned Limnophila Aromatica, that's not a hardy plant at all...very beautiful though. Try Hygrophila Polysperma or Difformis.

mfgann

AC Members
Dec 17, 2010
I ditched my hornwort because of its reputation to drop needles and make a mess.

In my RCS tank I keep wisteria, ludwigia, java moss, najas, hygro, dwarf sag, vals, etc..
The things that provide the best cover are java moss (for shrimplets) and wisteria which grows like mad. Honestly the shrimp love it all. I think I would also recommend dwarf sag.. still early on mine, but I think it'll grow in for some good low cover.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store