Anacharis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jellymolly44

Handsome Fella
Jun 14, 2008
Louisville
I did some research on this plant and find that it is easier to care for then most plants. If you provide moderate lighting and co2 it says you should be fine. Anybody have any good experience with anacharis? I just bought two bunches today for my 20L and I'm letting them float because alot of sites say they do better this way because they are closer to the light.

Jellymolly44

Handsome Fella
Jun 14, 2008
Louisville
Why thankyou. Very nice to know. I already notice some of it growing already.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
You're gonna find this funny .... but .... Anacharis is one plant I just cannot grow! LOL I've tried it in all of my setups from low to high tech and each and every single time it has failed. I can grow pretty much everything else though. Go figure. :)

Hope it does well for ya though.

ryukin_5

AC Members
Mar 30, 2010
Antigua W.I
You're gonna find this funny .... but .... Anacharis is one plant I just cannot grow! LOL I've tried it in all of my setups from low to high tech and each and every single time it has failed. I can grow pretty much everything else though. Go figure. :)

Hope it does well for ya though.
i actually dont find in funny at all i am inthe same boat.....

hope it grows for the op indeed.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
I got a 2" sprig of the stuff with some shrimp a Loooong time ago, I let it float for a while and it didnt die.
Now I have a ton of it, just from that one little clipping.

Its usually pretty easy to grow with no ferts and moderate lighting

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
For some reason, I never had much luck with Anacharis. I had it in a pond, it all died and fueled a green water explosion.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
:rofl: I have trouble keeping whatever the pet stores sell as Anacharis alive also.

Which is weird because I don't even need to try to keep its wild cousins alive (either another type of Elodea or Hydrilla). The only way I can kill that stuff is by putting it in with the turtle or the Cana snail (it's like crack for both of them). :evil_lol:

asukawashere

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Fairfield, CT
asukawashere.com
Real Name
Amanda Wenger
The one quirk of anacharis is that it tends to like its water on the cooler side... it's not as strictly coldwater as its native cousin Elodea, but Egeria spp. are still generally more likely to melt in warmer waters. Those of you who have a ton of trouble with it may want to check your temps ;)

I don't keep E. densa myself; it's banned in my state (CT), but I have kept its newer relative, Egeria najas. Not a terribly demanding plant :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store