Anemone research help quickly

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
The best Anemone for a 5 month old aquarium are Glass Anemones (Aiptasia), but dont get them unless you REALLY want them, and even then dont get them.

racerX

AC Members
Jan 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
so i got some clarkii's and a torch coral. same look. same affect. and my friends all think its an anenome. so problem solved. and a good solution too.

Shane

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
Wastememphis,

What kind of lighting do you have on the 29g. One of my projects was a 29g tank that had a long tentacle in it. It thrived in the tank and I had it for over 5 years until we moved to the Islands in which I had to give it to someone else. I had a 250 MH with 2 75watt VHO actinics over my 29g. This was about 6 years ago when I broke it down.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Coraline Power Compacts, I believe its 130watts... my anemone has been acting weird, i doubt its because of the lighting, probably just the age of my tank. :(

(A metal halide light didn't seem reasonable for the clowns and other things in my tank, anemone is going to be the only thing which would need such intense lights.)

Kurt

AC Members
Dec 9, 2003
Saskatchewan Canada
Visit site
How is your clown doing? Is the torch coral not minding? My clarkii is hosted in a large colt coral measures 15 inches all directions. The colt does not seem to mind at all and the clown can swim circles inside.

racerX

AC Members
Jan 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
well the coral is about the size of a softball half and its been in about a week and a half and i really don't see any signs of wear on it so far. The clowns are a pair and seem pretty content to just sit in it and do the nemo thing. Out and back In, and Out and back In, and if you want to do it one more time thats fine. LoL. but if i see any signs of problems I'll try to remember to say something on here pretty quickly. We should all be able to learn from one another. and i think we do a pretty good job of it.

Shane

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
**correction they aren't great lights, they'll do.**

Well my anemone wasn't taking food about 5days ago, that went on for 2days... I came home from school, after an accident and I found my anemone losing a fight to the filter intake. I shut it off, removed the tube and put the anemone in the QT and left him in there for a day. Since I couldn't medicate it and it didn't look good I thought the worse, but the that night it was inflating its stem and moving to the other sides of the tank and it's tenticles were beat up but it was moving around. I tryed to feed it again, it would hold on to it for like a min, but would end up letting go. I put him back in the other tank since the lights were there. He has been moving a little but the tenticles are damaged. Right now he is under a rock over hang but he looks like he is holding on to the rock. My clowns are still crazy over him. I don't know whats wrong with the anemone, I have been busy so I couldn't post anything about it either. But while I'm posting, no reason to start two posts. My clown fish are doing AMAZING, infact I have a question... what does it mean when a clown fish goes to the bottom and then waves his tail... ALOT and moves the sand around, he's been doing it for about a week... more and more, it's really weird. I'm posting pics of my xeina polyps and toadstool leather, also two of the clowns with the anemone... i can't get a pic of the anemone without the clowns around him. Also I have the end part of my clown (damien) flinging sand around. The tank's water levels are fine, and theres 10 snails, two scooter blennys and I put in iodine for the polyps and zooplex for the toadstool. Thanks to any response, hopefully I'm not doing things too wrong.

tank 01.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store