Angel tank stocking questions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cactusgal

AC Members
Dec 1, 2009
Alberta ,Canada
Well I finally cycled my 47gallon angel tank and have added 3 angelfish and 3 panda cory's so far.

This is a tall tank 30inches,20 wide and 18 deep.

I run a fluval 305,a 9 watt uv light and airstone.

I would like to add atleast 2 more angels ,and atleast 2 more panda's.
Would it also be ok to add bolivian rams? or congo tetras or rainbowfish?
What i want is just a couple of different fish(not a big school) that will get along with the angels? Any other suggestions would be great.

I am running the temp at 77,and it is well planted.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Definitely add some more pandas.

Are you going to remove angels once the pair up? You really only have room for one pair IMO.

As for others, tetras and rainbows school but congos get need more horizontal space than just 30". I would get some diamond, lemon, glowlight, etc. tetras instead. You could try praecox rainbows or maybe threadfins but thats about the only 'bows that work for that size tank.

Rams might work, but the footprint might not support an angel pair with a ram pair.

cactusgal

AC Members
Dec 1, 2009
Alberta ,Canada
I was hoping the angels dont pair off,I really dont want to breed them,the 3 I have so far are very small..maybe an 1.5inch.
maybe I should just stick with 3 angels then
I really like the bolivian rams,could I just get the male..would he be fine alone?

Yes I am planning to get more pandas...just dont want to stock too fast.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Unless you somehow end up with three females I think a pair is going to form no matter what. There's still the compatibility factor but you might as well plan on it unless you just stick with one.

A single ram could work, I would think.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
It is not the breeding that is the problem--It is the paring off.

I have at least one pair of angles in my tank. They are not very active breeders. The eggs/babies usually get eatten (mostly by the angels themselves).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store