Angelfish and Compatible Tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
2 angels in a 30 is max if they get along.

a mated pair will get along most of the time,but, you still need hiding places as they still do fight.

2 males in most cases will fight 2 females may(I do agree with this)

you can add dithers but still need to be aware of aggression by the angels.
bottom dwellers are usually safe tetras on the other hand may hide if you have a pair.

at issue is trying to determine the sex of angels..nearly impossible in the adults and even more impossible as juveniles.

madtundra

support our troops
Jan 8, 2007
pittsburgh pa
i have 4 angels in my 55 gal with 7 peppered cories 4 blue rams 8 glowlite tetras, 8 phantom tetras a 7 " plec and a 6 year old rainbow with no trouble except between the angels nipping at each other once in a while.

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
Star-rider you are right on the money, I have 5 angels in my 65Gl with a bushynoce pleco and an otto.
All was well untill I developed a pair of the blush angels and now all is not well in the tank, the rest of the angels need to stay away.
At this point I am going to trade the pair in, don't know for what at this time, but will see. They are a good looking pair.
Never traded a pair of breaders before, any ideas?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
get a 29 and move the pair to a BB tank..let em spawn..

btw, proven pairs can bring some descent money.(operative word-proven)

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
the funny thing they did spawn when I was away
I can't do another tank, 3 tanks in an apt is too much
What do you call descent money for a young proven pair

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
$40-60 is pretty average for a proven pair

some will demand more depending on the lineage.

wild scalare in the $100's for a pair

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
much of it is dependant on the colors of the parents and theor bloodlines.. with wild scalare it's is a totally different ball park..few wild breeding pairs are ever really given up.

wild scalare F1 can bring a nice price for the off spring.(of course this is partly dependent on the market you reside in..I can get $15 for single quarter sized off spring.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store