Angelfish Gender

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
move them now. the aggression will escalate past darting and biting very quickly.

Drigan

Registered Member
Oct 1, 2012
THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!! THEY ARE LAYING EGGS!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

chickenlady

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Are they are still in a community tank? If so, don't get too excited. Mine never managed to get any to hatch whenever they laid eggs. Something always ate them.

Drigan

Registered Member
Oct 1, 2012
True :(, the eggs disapeared, think the neon tetras ate them when the angels went walzing of to beg me for some shrimp, yes they were in the community tank and I was planning to move the other angel fish to another tank, and when the angelfish finished laying move them and the eggs into another tank and put the other angels back, didn't move them because I was afraid the tank might be too small and that might throw them off the breeding cycle, my stupid 'sliver chiclid' managed to kill 2 of my angelfish when I moved them into his tank(not the breeding pair) and black tail-one of the angelfish that died was ready to breed-probly why he kept hasseling the angelfish pair male- could see his breeding tube out and ready, had to go out and buy 2 tiny new gold angelfish, will take a long time for the baby anglefish to be ready to breed. The angelfish pair are called One 'n' a half-got one and a half stripes on his tail and the female- and three stripe-same logic, male. Looking forward to sucessfuly breeding anglefish.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i wouldn't call a fish 'stupid' because it's aggressive nature killed fish you put in with it that were not compatible.

as for breeding, just buying two juvenile angels will not mean you'll get a pair for sure. best to get a small group of at least 6, wait for two to pair up, and then remove/rehome the rest.

i personally would suggest reading up some more on breeding fish, angels in particular, before you decide to try and breed them again.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I gave away one of my angels to a friend. I hope that stops the spawning. Both were female angels, my friend has my old 30 gallon tank, which is fine for a single angelfish.

I was caught in Hurricane Sandy and had no power for a few days, but I had my 37g hooked up to a genarator to warm it up and have the filter going for a few hrs here and there. I lost my last swordtail from that... :[ My endlers and betta did fine.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
My angels breed in the tank all the time, I have yet to have a surviver. I have 2 pairs in the same tank. I think one of the pairs is two females. When breeding ----look at the breeding tube. It is more "Pointed" in the male, and more "Tube-like" in the female.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store