Angelfish in a 55

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

malken

AC Members
Aug 31, 2003
San Bernardino, CA
Visit site
Hey, I don't need much convincing to push for a bigger tank. roughly, how many angele would be comfortable in a 55 w/ a RTS and a few algae eaters. also, would the RTS hassel corys?

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I have a full grown pair of spawning angels in a 55 gallon show, they are very very happy. There is room for platys, barbs, and a few bottom dwellers.
I wouldn't trust the RTS with corydoras, I'd go with a hypancistrus that would take care of itself or something.
good luck
:)

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I would think 4 Angels would fit comfortably in a 55 but beware if spawning occurs. I almost lost an adult due to fights and liplocks over a female...I wound up mvoing the weaker angel to another tank.
I disagree with fanman on the topic of the RTBS harassing the cories. I've kept them together for years and have never had a single problem. Since your tank will be planted, the cories will have plent of hiding spots if something does happen, but I doubt it will. Providing the RTBS with it's cave should keep him satisfied.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store