1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

angelfish with split fin

Discussion in 'Angel Fish & Discus' started by allaboutfish, May 26, 2012.

1. allaboutfish

allaboutfish AC Members

johnathon dunn
    i have 5 angelfish in a 29 gallon grow out tank with a festivum. all are about quarter size maybe a little more. one of them out of the 5 gets split fins. its a veil tail but i have another veil tail thats fine. tank params are fine and i havent seen any nipping. so why does this one angel get split fins??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

2. BettaFishMommy

BettaFishMommy finkids make me happy :-)

Sherry N.
    fins may just be weaker?

and although you say you don't see any nipping, it could still be going on. you don't sit by your tank 24/7, eh?

3. stormywendyann

stormywendyann AC Members

Wendy Lubianetsky
    I know you are usually really good with your water parameters, but the only time my Oscar splits a fin is when I don't keep up with his constant water changes. If I miss a day or two.... split fin. Just a thought. Also, I treat split fins with a mixture of Pimafix and Melafix. It heals them rapidly with no secondary problems occuring.

4. allaboutfish

allaboutfish AC Members

johnathon dunn
    yea could be. theyll soon be in a 55 and once i get a pair im removing the rest. well if i get the right pair :)
    i do 50%+ a week, and split up my water changes into 2 days so i dont get overwhelmed and i get to everybody. i havent had to treat its fins. it grows right back in a day or 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App