Another overgrown nitrate filter root trim & filter mod

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Im sure there are many plant species out there that can do a better job removing nitrates, but like Pothos Im mostly interested in finding more species like amazon rain forest plants that thrive on low light and have their own defenses against bugs. My actions with respect to the hobby is to try and get recurring cost and maintenance down as much as possible. This is why I have discovered the use of timers on my filters work very effectively at saving power and remain effective, why I place my tanks near windows to take advantage of free lighting, and finding ways to recuperate dehydrated water back to the tank every bit as good as an RO filter costing hundreds, I'm even thinking of a powerless condenser built into a canopy that will collect evaporated water and condense it to the tank clean. Eventually I want to install solar arrays in my back yard, a battery house and install a 2nd separate wiring harness in my home exclusively for 12V DC using RV 12V appliance and lighting technology to wean myself off the 120V power grid without asking permission or interacting with the power company at all, one day Ill just walk outside and turn off the main beaker and wait for the bill.

I love being social (life of the party) but have always desired to be as socially as independence as possible, I don't like having to be dependent on others if I don't really need to. So you see that is what drives allot of my ideas.

Last edited:

0tto

AC Members
Oct 24, 2010
"Eventually I want to install solar arrays in my back yard, a battery house and install a 2nd separate wiring harness in my home exclusively for 12V DC using RV 12V appliance and lighting technology to wean myself off the 120V power grid without asking permission or interacting with the power company at all, one day Ill just walk outside and turn off the main beaker and wait for the bill."

wow. i wish i had the time....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store