Ant Tank???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ummm yeah not sure the CP's would take to kindly to the ants biting awat at then. I was actually thinking if I could get this colony big and strong enough then I could try getting a pair of horny toads. Apparently due to the introduction of argentine ants the native Red Harvester Ant is on the decline and since the Horny Toad wont eat the argentine ants and infact get attacked by them. Horny Toads diet consist mainly of Red Harvester Ants.

By me saving this queen I may have saved her life. Only time will tell though. One day at a time is how im tackling it. From what Ive read I should have workers within a month. If not im doing something wrong. Well Im dozing off so im out of here. Pics tomorrow for sure. Battery took all day to fully charge. Well nite nite all my AC friends.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh ummmmm she says hi? LOL No real changes. Eggs have gotten slightly bigger but thats about it. I need to clean her enclosure again.

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
i dont know the gestation period but have the eggs hatched yet?

when they do hatch are you gonna transfer them to a tank or keep them in the CD case until the colony gets larger

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Well bad news this project has come to an end. It stopped bout a week or two ago but havent thought bout posting about it. The fire ant died and the Red Harvester escaped but without a doubt died as well. So until next year this project is closed. Next time the CD case will go in another case to prevent escape.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Sorry to hear, Ger. Hope it works out better next time.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Its ok. From what I read alot of the Queens are hard to keep alive in captivity when there first starting off unless your completely experienced with owning them which I am not. But ill be better prepared next time around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store