Any Black Friday deals on fish stuff?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
aknif said:
I have never once in my life shopped on Black Friday. I would MUCH rather be at home laying on the couch in my pajamas all freakin' day making multiple trips to the kitchen for gigantic turkey sandwiches and an equally gigantic slices of pumpkin pie with half a tub of Cool Whip on it. None of that crappy fat free Cool Whip either! ICKY! :thm:

I would never crowd into a ridiculously packed mall or Toys R Us on this one "magical" day, weasle my way around the sea of humanity and stand in line for an hour to save $5 on ANYTHING... when I can wait a few days and get the same price.... or wait 3 weeks and probably pay even LESS!

Could be the definition of insanity right there....
Oh my gosh! Congrats! Aknif, with that post you have been selected as the next Future Ex-Mrs. Brian Richardson! And for what it's worth, i agree 100%. Shopping on that day is sort of like getting a root canal without the fun gas before and pain meds afterward.

mishi8

Go fly a kite!
Jan 13, 2005
Alberta
I gather that Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving? Since we celebrate Thanksgiving in October, the day just doesn't have the same significance here. Our equivalent would probably be Boxing Day (the day after Xmas). And I agree with aknif, there is no way anyone is getting me out shopping in those crowds for some deal that can be had at virtually any other time of the year. I'd rather be hanging out with my family at home. :D

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Harlock said:
Oh my gosh! Congrats! Aknif, with that post you have been selected as the next Future Ex-Mrs. Brian Richardson!

YAY! Harlock! I'm in line!! Let me know when my number is up, Schweetie! ;) I can see it now.... 4 kids, 10 tanks and lotsa Cool Whip!

:D

valleyvampiress

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
I know this is a really late reply (I forgot about this thread), but for what it's worth, all you who are saying you can get the deals at any other time of the year do not know anything about BF. Obviously there is a reason people get up so early to be the first in line for products. The prices on the hottest items you will never see ANY time of the year except that day. If you want the same price for that item any other time, set your clock to go off two or three years later. By then, the product's outdated, and it's not worth half as much as it was the years before.

Personally, I'd sacrafice a loss of hours of sleep to save hundreds of dollars. You don't have to ask me twice. For those of you who'd rather pay full price and sleep in, that's your poragative. However, to me, more money in my pocket to buy more things that I love in exchange for hours lost in sleep is worth it to me. And it isn't that much of a mad rush either. They only allow certain people in at a time, and if you're one of the people in front, you'll probably get a voucher for the most wanted items that you can come back any time of the day to pick up so you avoid the crowds.

My point is, research before critisizing. After realizing how it all really works, it would be fine to point out it's cons. Most of what you guys said here though, wasn't on spot.

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
I'd have to disagree. The best deals I find on anything are on-line... but then again, I only shop for specific things... computer parts, fish stuff, Dingo Scent to attract aknif, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store