Any one watch Discovery?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

marinkafuschia

AC Members
Oct 21, 2008
Olympia, WA
yeeah life is good but I would have liked to see them compile all that footage into one tremendously long series, since it was all filmed during the same years and some shots are used in both series.
River monsters was awesome! Just reminds you that humans can never rule the water and were anything but the top predator! never knew the Congo river was over 700ft deep! scary!

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Love River Monsters!!! I think Blue Planet will always be my fav tho! Life turned out to be pretty good. I really love when the ads come on tho and they say stuff like, "Life, brought to you by..." or "Dont miss Life" Makes me giggle!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
David Attenborough pwns every other one of the narrators in the genre. Fans of his should definitely dig up the living planet series and check it out. There is a d. Attenborough narrated version for sale, (guess which I'll be picking up) but overall, the narrative structure of life can't hold a candle to that of the planet earth series. Favorite highlights from last night's episode, definitely the mudskippers and the waterfall climbing gobies. Also, to bring this post somewhat back on track, river monsters last night was pretty awesome. Gotta love how Jeremy Wade spends the first 90% of the episode sensationalizing the dangerous nature of whatever fish, then always closes out with a speech about how they pose little threat, and are just misunderstood and largely harmless.

marinkafuschia

AC Members
Oct 21, 2008
Olympia, WA
love the living planet series! life in the undergrowth was really trippy too! and of course the series about plant life was epic! yeah...huge Attenburough fan here!
totaly know what you mean about hypocritical Jeremy Wade Inka, he was so sad last night when the fish died, felt bad for him, and the fish!

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
i saw parts of the Life episode, but i agree with VF, it was almost all saltwater! it pis*** me off!

the atlas 4D episode with the Rift Lake Cichlids was pretty cool too, i DVRed it.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Was it just me or was the HD video quality of LIFE horrible for anyone else? Maybe my cable provider was experiencing problems but it looked terrible.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Marinka, have you checked out life on earth? He looks so young in that one its crazy. Life of birds and life in cold blood also not to be missed. Didn't hear about this Atlas 4d program. What's it called? Looked just fine on my tv Slappy. Still can't get over that scene with the mudskippers... So awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store