Anyone bred S. nigrita?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
I have a pair of Synodontis nigrita. I believe they are male and female. Anyone bred them. I have them in their own tank now- with their favorite piece of driftwood. I put a flower pot in the bottom because I had read they like to spawn in them. Water is soft- about 80F, and PH of 7.0. Any hints?
Here's a photo of the 20 high I've got them in. And a close up of the "male", the females fins protrude on the lower right of driftwood. She is about 4"-4 1/2"

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
The one most visible in the pic looks more like S. eupterus than nigrita. In any case, Synodontis are egg scatterers, and out of the few times they have spawned in aquariums I've read that they eat the eggs very soon after spawning. At ~4" they're still young, though they should reach full size fairly quickly. If they are eupterus they'll grow to about double their present size, and will likely need a larger tank in any case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store