Anyone find this odd?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
uhhh yah, what RTR said. :)

I supose the tank could be a distraction to a point but the TV gets turned on far less from what I hear. This house is now a vacation rental home that rents out for $7200. a week so I dont think the TV is of that big a concern.

Slip,
All of that rock that you see in the tank was propagated from frags which is legal. Almost all of the rock in that tank was dry formed inside the tank before the water ever went in. Also what you cant see is the sand bed in that tank is about 6" deep. It is plumbed so that I can run a hose right down to the ocean (ocean front property) for my water changes which also adds to the "seeding".

WharfRat

Don't Panic / Always Carry A Towel
Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
man that tank coulda been another 75 gallons if ya whakked that silly tv and just made it all tank..which is better for your brain

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
That tank was a $17,000. project and if we extended it the full length, it would have added another $5,000. easy.

Slip,

Web tv for the fish :D
They tried calling it the internet, but for some reason, the fish wouldnt get near it :D

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
Just speaking for myself....
We have an itty bitty house. There is absolutely no room upstairs for a tank. I suppose I could take away my china cabinet or something and make room... but... I work from home and my computer room is in the basement. I would rather me be able to see the tanks all the time I'm in the basement than have the occasional guest see the tank upstairs.

Goldy

AC Members
May 22, 2004
Delaware
www.freewebs.com
:laugh:

TV? Fish tank people watch TV?
Rtr, this really made me laugh. I bought this DVD 4 pack of The Blue Planet--all about different ocean enviroments and stuff--about 2 weeks ago. I'm dying to watch them but I've only managed to watch half of one disc. When I have free time, I'm always in with my tanks!

I have all 4 of my tanks (plus my nephews' that I'm cycling for them) in my sunroom around my computer desk. It's become my little haven and my absolute favorite part of the house. I can go in there with a tension headache and be perfectly fine in about 20 minutes. I'm with you, kveeti. I want to be able to sit and enjoy my tanks. I wouldn't put one where I wouldn't be hanging out a lot.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
My main tank is my white cloud tank. I keep it in the basemesnt as it has the coolest overall temps. I can keep the tank at 70F year round. The tropicals stay upstairs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store