anyone like baby convicts?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ALAINA

AC Members
Oct 24, 2011
detroit michigan
Real Name
alaina
the parents r going to my friends to be taken good care of... i can raise the babies in my 80 gal.. i cannot feed them to other fish

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice fish...great supply of food for bigger fish.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
very cute little guys you have there.

sadly convicts are a dime a dozen seeing that anyone with water , and a pare of them will have fry ..and 100s of them.

my pare are just about a year old and pump out 200 ish fry every ..oooohh 3 weeks or so..half of the wigglers are fed the first few days of hatching..the rest grow out as feeders.

There are just so many of them out there it is hard to find them good homes...i tried doing it to a few very pretty pares i had grow out but the people who contacted me wanted them for breeding...and selling, allot of uneducated people . Just think if someone got a pare in a 40 or 50 gallon and let them breed..than couldnt get rid of the fry .or just a few here and there..they could have a horribly over stocked tank in just about 2-4 months..and that is not good for the fry or the parents.....so i don't give mine away any more...not in male/female pares at least i don't want to be responsible for that...

I have seen tons of tanks..20 gallons and 40 gallons for sale on CraigsList FULL of convicts...one lady was selling a 35 hex with about 50 convicts (around or under an inch) and 2 adult breeding pares it just kinda makes me cringe

and all of my fish..even the guppies and killifish love wiggler snacks^_^

despite my little rant good luck with finding them wonderful homes! ..do you plan on separating the parents after this?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store