Anyone tried the SunSun HW-603?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mpooyan83

Registered Member
May 24, 2014
Wow, this tank looks totally different today. It's my shrimp tank now. I use this canister strictly as a biological filter. I have a prefilter sponge on the intake which I clean every few weeks or when the water flow is visibly reduced. I use the tiny Aqueon 10 that I got with the tank on CL as my mechanical filter. As for the Sunsun, I like it. it's quiet and have had no problems with it so far. I haven't opened/cleaned it since September. My params are good so I guess I really don't need to clean it yet. Maybe at the 1 yr mark, I'll "clean" it. I haven't "cleaned" by biological media in my other canister for my main tank since May and params are good too. So If the SunSun runs for a year without needing any cleaning, that would be great too.

This is the tank today.

View attachment 211502

Do you think the sunsun hw-603B is sufficient for an 11.4 gallon tank on its own? fully stocked and moderately planted?

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Honestly, I don't think so. I know flow rate is not indicative of how good a filter is but flow rate on this unit is not that good. I use it as my main biological filter. Mine only contains ceramic rings in it. The inlet pipe has a sponge prefilter on it.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store