API Freshwater Master Test Kit $15.99

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
Last time I bought an API liquid test kit, I got a dud. :(

The nitrate test didn't work for beans. It showed 0 nitrates for everything - no matter what tank I tested (even a well established tank that should have had nitrates) it came out 0. Was really strange.

All the other tests worked just fine.

And I ended up buying a strip test just to use for nitrates (though it technically showed everything else too).

By the time I realized it was a dud, it was too late to take it back to the store - was the end of the cycle and when no nitrates ever showed up I got suspicious. Took water into the store and they showed nitrates. So I bought the strip test and that showed them too - but it had been what... 7 or 8 weeks at that point since I had purchased it.

Ah well. I still have the kit too - it's a little over a year old now - the rest of the tests still work. Nitrates still don't.

Not sure what the life-span is for these kits though? Anyone know? I did not see an expiration date anywhere on the kit, so I'm unsure about that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store