Apparently I'm doing something wrong (or no one needs used tanks...)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
In the general for sale section. Seems to be where most of them are posted in my particular CL (Detroit metro)
Then that's a good reason to try the pets section. Here, 90% of aquariums are listed under Social/Pets.

Try there and you may find someone who is looking for a different pet, but seeing an aquarium listed may peak their interest.

Semilla

AC Members
Jun 2, 2012
Madison, WI
Real Name
Semilla
^ +1 I know right? Southern Wisconsin is a bit too far.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
<rant>
I've got a couple of smaller tanks (10g and 29g) that I've listed on CL 3 times, with minimal interest. The 10g is a complete "Walmart" kit, hood, light, filter, etc. The 29g has a metal stand, filter (AC50), new glass lid, light etc. I put both of them up for $50 for all, and I've gotten essentially nothing! WTH, does no one need $200+ worth of gear for $50?...
Seriously, though, I can't believe no one in SE Michigan needs a couple of good tanks. Apparently I'm doing something wrong...
You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, you're just in the wrong part of the country, at this time.
I'm in Lansing and what I read in your list is $40.00 worth of used equipment that I don't really have room to store. In other parts of the country people might wonder what's wrong with it for only $50.00.

South East Michigan suffers from all the ills of the states loss of jobs in manufacturing. A lot of people don't have the cash to spend on hobbies at present.
I've seen postings for 100g and larger size tanks, free for the picking up. Literally just get it out of the owners way. Some of the offers are in those $10,000.00 houses on the South side of Eight Mile road (Detroit) that would cost $40,000.00 a block North. Just North West a bit there is a 100g for $75.00 and a 90g on a nice oak stand with a cheap hood for $150.00.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store